Saturday, January 22, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

One of my most pleasant recipe finds this holiday season had to be this pumpkin pie. Robbie and I both love pumpkin and it's tradition for us to have one on Christmas. Last year was the first year I had baked one from scratch and although it was good, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I like my pumpkin pie slightly more dense with warm spices. I found this recipe online and it had great reviews and sounded different from the traditional way. I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. It truly was my perfect pumpkin pie.

Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Adapted from Allrecipes

1-15 oz can of pumpkin
1-14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 pie crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small sauce pan over med-low heat, heat the pumpkin, and spices. Heat until warm but do not cook. Pour mix into a bowl, allow to cool slightly. Mix in eggs and condensed milk until smooth. Pour into pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 and bake an additional 35-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Be careful not to burn your crust! I always tent mine with foil. Serve with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment