Friday, December 17, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

I'm a chocolate lover and a peanut butter lover. Naturally I'm a fan of both of these two working together. This was my first time making candy at home and it was quite fun. I see more candy making in my future. The filling is so smooth it almost melts in your mouth.

Don't mind the smudges you see in the photos, apparently my kids thought they could try to sneak a treat or two when mommy had her back turned for a moment. I don't blame them for trying, they are divine.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups:


1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 bags milk chocolate chips


Mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy. Set aside. Melt the chocolate chips in a large bowl in the microwave stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Line cupcake pan with liners. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each cup and spread it out in an even layer. Roll a teaspoon of peanut butter mix into a ball and flatten. Place on top of chocolate in cupcake tin. Spoon more chocolate on top of peanut butter and smooth until completely and evenly covered. Allow to set at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment