Thursday, December 16, 2010

Eggnog Cheesecake Bites with Dulce De Leche

Eggnog is one of those special time of year treats that is always associated with Christmas. I love all things about Christmas. The movies, the music, the decorations, the baking, the reminder that Jesus, my savior, was born. These things all combine to give me the warm fuzzies. But I have a confession...

 Before I met my husband I had never been a fan of eggnog.
 In fact, I don't think I had ever even tasted it. It smelled strange and drinking eggs? Ewww! No thanks.
 Little did I know that I actually enjoyed this flavor. I cannot drink it straight. It has to be "watered" down with milk. But this last week I have baked with it and I must say, it's yummy!
When browsing recipes I saw this dessert and immediately thought of my husband. He loves eggnog and cheesecake. This dessert was going to be an automatic winner. The combination of flavors work perfectly. They are already in individual servings which makes it easy to grab one as a quick snack.
Which I did. Many times. Many, many, times. This is definitely a treat I will be making for years to come around Christmas time!


Eggnog Cheesecakes with Dulce De Leche:
from allrecipes


Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter, melted
pinch of cinnamon


Mix together the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Line cupcake pans with 18 liners and spray lightly with non stick spray. Press 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup and press down firmly into an even layer.


Cheesecake:


3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup eggnog, room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla


With an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in sugar, flour, eggnog and cinnamon; mix well. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Stir into the cream cheese mixture by hand with a wooden spoon.  Fill muffin cups nearly to the top with mixture. Bake in preheated oven at 325 for 15 minutes or until the sides are firm but the middle is slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven, crack open the door and leave cheesecakes to cool for at least 30 minutes. Cool completely before refrigerating.


Dulce De Leche:


2 cans condensed milk


Remove labels from cans. Place into large stockpot and cover with at least 1 inched of water above the cans. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover pot and simmer gently for 2-4 hours depending on how thick you want it. The longer it cooks the thicker it will be. Also remember it will thicken up as it cools! Remove from water and allow to cool for 1 hour before opening cans. Once cans are open transfer dulce de leche to a glass jar or container but do not cover. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Store in the fridge.


Serve cheesecakes topped with a heaping spoonful of dulce de leche! Try this, it's that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment